DSM Matrix is a free software tool for teaching the basic principles and applications of Dependency Structure Methods or design structure matrix based problem solving.
The main aim of DSM Matrix is to provide a user-friendly tool that allows students to design, test and evaluate small projects and learn by doing.
The software tool has been developed for the following audiences:
- Teaching academics who teach undergraduate, postgraduate and business students in universities and business schools,
- DSM trainers who teach and train professionals in industry and business in the principles and application of DSM in their organizational contexts.
- Undergraduate students in engineering, design and project management courses,
- Postgraduate students embarking on a project that requires an understanding of DSM methods,
- Business students in MBA courses who need to learn how to use DSM to analyze business systems and processes,
DSMmatrix allows your to design small projects (up to 25 elements) and practice using:
- Static dependency matrices for the design and analysis of systems and product architectures, organizational architectures,
- Time-based DSMs for product design processes, project planning and management, and for general problem solving,
- Basic multi-domain functionality to teach the principles of derived DSMs.
DSMmatrix will be updated from time to time, using the input of teaching professionals who are using DSMmatrix for teaching and training.